MANKATO, Minn. - The Rockford University men's soccer team (2-2-1) lost a hard-fought 2-1 game on the road Sunday afternoon to the Bethany Lutheran College Vikings (2-2-0). Although the Regents managed to score just one goal, Rockford had its chances offensively. The Regents outshot the Vikings 17-9, including an 8-6 edge in shots on goal. Rockford also had a huge 14-6 advantage in corner kicks. Unfortunately the Regents were unable to capitalize, dropping their second match by a score of 2-1 in as many days.
- Bethany Lutheran got on the board first with a goal by Samuel Duran in the ninth minute.
- The Vikings would make it 2-0 early in the second half when Duran scored his second goal of the day in the 59th minute.
- Rockford was able to make it a one-score match when an unassisted Jose Cruz (Moline, Ill.) found the back of the net with just over eight minutes remaining in the match.
- Unfortunately Rockford was unable to tie the match and fell 2-1.
- Jose Cruz scored his first goal of the season and the second of his collegiate career on Sunday.
- Simeon Adesina (Plainfield, Ill.) led Rockford with three shot attempts, while Carlos Montes (Waukesha, Wis.) had a team-high two shots on goal.
The RU men's soccer team concludes its three-match road trip on Wednesday, September 12 at Moody Bible Institute. The match has a scheduled start time of 4:00 PM.