LOVES PARK, Ill. - The Rockford University men's soccer team (0-0-1) took to the pitch against the Cornell College Rams (0-0-1) on Friday night at Sportscore Two. The two teams battled hard the entire game, but neither could find the back of the net. The battle continued through two overtime periods as neither team would budge defensively. The Regents went on to end their season opener with a 0-0 draw.
- In the first half each team had its fair share of chances in a back-and-forth game as Cornell registered five shots to Rockford's four.
- Transfer Jonathan Eduardo Rosales (Cicero, Ill.) made a great save before the end of the first half to keep the score knotted at 0-0.
- Come the second half the Rams tallied twelve shots with only two of those being on target.
- The Regent defense did well all night to close on attackers and block shots.
- Between both the overtime periods the Rams registered three shots to just one for Rockford.
- Rosales along with the entire defense did well to keep Cornell at bay and come away with the clean sheet.
- Sophomore Alonzo Carrillo (Harvard, Ill.) led the Regents with four shots, with two of those being on goal.
- Rosales went a perfect 3-for-3 in saves and notched his first shutout in a Regent uniform.
The Rockford University men's soccer team travels to take on Ripon on Sunday, September 2. Kickoff is set for 2:30 PM.