MILWAUKEE, Wis. - Rockford University senior forward Tony Diemer (Rockford, Ill.) eclipsed another career milestone on Wednesday night when he surpassed 1,500 career points as a Regent. The historic basket came with 14:09 remaining in the first half, when Diemer drained a three-pointer to give him 1,501 career points. He is now just the ninth player in program history to score 1,500 career points and only the eighth men's basketball player with 1,500 points and 500 rebounds in a career. Unfortunately it was the MSOE Raiders (16-2, 11-2 NACC) who picked up the 88-76 win over the Regents (8-10, 7-6 NACC), and moved into a tie for first place in the conference.
- Brandon Emerick led Rockford with a team-high 23 points on 8-of-15 shooting including draining six three-pointers. Emerick also had 5 assists, 3 rebounds and 1 steal.
- Tony Diemer finished with 17 points, 8 rebounds and 2 assists.
- Will Adams added 9 points, 3 rebounds and 1 steal off the bench.
- Talon Hardin finished with 8 points, 3 assists, 1 rebound, 1 block and 1 steal off the bench.
- Kevin Diemer had 8 points, 9 rebounds, 2 assists and 2 steals.
The RU men's basketball team returns home on Saturday, January 26 to face Illinois Tech. Tip-off is set for 4:15 PM in the Seaver Center.