ROCKFORD, Ill. - The Rockford University men's basketball team (4-5, 3-3 NACC) took down the Edgewood College Eagles (2-6, 2-3 NACC) 86-73 on Saturday evening. Rockford dominated the Eagles in the first half as RU shot 60.7% from the field including going 7-for-11 from downtown to take a 46-30 lead heading into the half. A large reason for Rockford keeping its winning streak alive was its ability to knockdown free throws throughout the game as RU converted 18-of-22 from the stripe.
- Rockford controlled the game in the beginning minutes taking a 7-2 advantage. A few minutes later the Eagles found themselves up 13-11 with 13:04 to play in the half.
- The Regents bounced back as they went on a 15-2 run to take a 26-15 lead with 7:43 remaining. Taylor Krocker (Portage, Wis.) helped lead the charge during the run as he contributed seven points during that span.
- Edgewood was able to make it a nine-point game at 29-20 but Rockford knocked down four consecutive threes to add to its cushion with a 41-27 lead with 3:37 to play. Talon Hardin (Rantoul, Ill.) and Taylor Krocker both hit twice from deep.
- Rockford went into the half holding on to a 46-30 lead over Edgewood.
- Krocker led all scorers at the half with 13 points as he was a perfect 5-for-5 from the field including three from beyond the arc.
- Come the second half neither team went on a major run as Rockford and Edgewood exchanged buckets.
- Rockford was able to keep a comfortable cushion throughout the duration of the final half and went on to win by a final score of 86-73.
- This is the first time the men's basketball team has won four consecutive games since November of 2013.
- Five Rockford players finished scoring double-digits on the day.
- Taylor Krocker led the way with 15 points shooting 6-of-7 from the field and added 3 rebounds and an assist.
- Kevin Diemer (Rockford, Ill.) racked up 13 points on 4-of-8 shooting, 8 boards, 3 assists and a block.
- Talon Hardin tallied 12 points, 2 assists, and a rebound.
- Will Adams (Chicago, Ill.) logged 12 points including going 5-for-6 from the line and added 6 rebounds, 2 assists and a steal.
- Brandon Emerick (Elkhart, Ind.) registered 11 points, 2 rebounds and 2 assists.
The Rockford University men's basketball team returns to action when it travels to Daytona Beach, Florida to take on the University of Dubuque. That game is scheduled for Tuesday, December 18 at 2 PM.