WHITEWATER, Wis. - The Rockford University men's soccer team (7-7-1) played its fourth match in the last five days on Sunday evening, when the Regents hit the road to face the UW-Whitewater Warhawks (6-4-1). Unfortunately it was a difficult night for the Regents, as the Warhawks scored four first-half goals en route to the 4-0 win.
- All four of the goals came in the opening 41 minutes of the match.
- UW-Whitewater broke the scoreless tie in the 19th minute when Garrett Morgando found the back of the net for the 1-0 lead.
- The Warhawks made it 2-0 just 37 seconds later after Joey Pumo scored his first goal first goal of the match.
- Whitewater's final two goals came from Jack Wirth and Hozai Ceballos in the 36th and 41st minute respectively.
- Rockford was never able to mount a comeback, as the Regents were outshot 17-7 including an 8-2 deficit in shots on goal.
- Jose Cruz (Moline, Ill.) led Rockford with two shots, both of which came on goal.
The RU men's soccer team returns to the field on Wednesday, October 10 at home against Benedictine University. The match has a scheduled start time of 7:00 PM at Sportscore Two.