Rockford University Athletics
Regents Athletics provides a positive co-educational experience through athletic competition. Rockford University student-athletes not only enjoy athletic achievement, but they are also enriched academically and are provided with opportunities for personal development and leadership. We also believe that it’s important for our student-athletes to be involved, be it on campus, in the community or both.
Rockford University Athletics Mission Statement
Preparing students for a life of leadership and service through the pursuit of excellence in academics and athletics.
Rockford University Quick Facts
Location: Rockford, Illinois
Colors: Purple, Black, White
Affiliation: NCAA Division III
Conference: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference
President: Dr. Eric Fulcomer
Athletic Director: Kristyn King
Faculty Athletic Representative: Mike Perry
Athletics Phone: (815) 394-5061
Athletics Fax: (815) 226-4166
Athletics Website: www.GoRegents.com
Rockford University Regents Quick Facts
- Rockford sponsors 14 intercollegiate varsity teams (7 men's teams and 7 women's teams) and several junior varsity teams.
- On average, approximately 25% of Rockford University students participate in intercollegiate athletics.
- Many Regents student-athletes compete in two sports and some compete in three.
- Rockford University athletes compete at several facilities on campus, including the Ernst E. Smith Athletic Fields (softball), Sam Greeley Field (football and soccer), and the Seaver Center (basketball and volleyball). Baseball plays at Rivets Stadium, home of the Rockford Rivets baseball team.
Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference Quick Facts
- The NACC is among the largest conferences in the nation with 12 member schools: Rockford University, Alverno College, Aurora University, Benedictine University, Concordia University Chicago, Concordia University Wisconsin, Dominican University, Edgewood College, Lakeland University, Marian University, MSOE, and Wisconsin Lutheran College.
- Rockford is located centrally in the conference, limiting travel to approximately 2.5 hours for our longest trip, ensuring minimal missed class time.
- The NACC sponsors 18 sports, 9 for men and 9 for women, each with an automatic qualifier to the NCAA Championships for conference champions.
- The NACC began in 2006 with 12 founding members, including Rockford University.